Wednesday 3 February 2010

My little guilty pleasure

For a very long time I have thought about the kind of place I'd like to end up living once I can afford to get my own place and do it up the way I want to. Premature? Maybe, but this is a girl who enjoys flicking through the interior design magazine's at the hairdressers and doctors surgery! I bought this book 'New London Style' by Chloe Grimshaw way back in September and realised I needed to tell you how much I adore it. 'New London Style' is an inside peek into the exclusive private homes of London's most creative individuals including talented musicians, designers and artists. The 28 homes in the book completely range in style but one thing that connects them all is an edgy, artistic, modern and funky-fresh flair of creativity and passion for design. My personal favorite home in 'New London Style' has to be that of Mancunian born fashion designer Matthew Williamson who's extraordinary use of colour, pattern and knack for detail is something I will be trying to emulate- just give me a couple years!

No comments:

Post a Comment